Old
  (#514)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacripan View Post
For 1024 waypoints max problem, look at de_saintcayeux_rats_csz.pwf
Where is the pwf file and where is the map (*bsp with *wad's and so on) to let me look at them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacripan View Post
45% CT, 55% Terrorist with real players.
http://psychostats.cscargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz
http://psychostats.czcargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz
0% CT, 100% terrorist with only bots
Why ?
From the date of creation those stats I have seen You are talking about any previous build of podbot mm. Since defusing/planting problem has been fixed in V3B21c, please, let me know how about Your stats for V3B21c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
BTW I want to request more info on the team specific point fix, I can't really comprehend what has been changed exactly?
This is how it was in previous versions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Well - names "CT specific waypoint" and "T specific waypoint" are confusing for beginer Waypointers. The problem is - the "team specific waypoint" is really an offensive or defensive GOAL waypoint for the team. T specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for T team (but simultaneously it is an offensive waypoint for CT team). CT specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for CT team (but - simultaneously - it's an offensive waypoint for T team). Depanding on map type - on cs_xxx maps CTs are more "offensive" - so they are trying to reach more often an offensive waypoint - T team specific, but Ts are trying to behave more defensive - so they are trying to choose more often also T team specific waypoint as a goal. On de_xxx maps Ts are trying to behave more offensive (so they choose more often CTs team specific waypoints) and CTs are trying to behave more defensive (so they are trying to choose more often CT team specific waypoints). As You can see - team specific waypoints aren't forcing the bot to use the route more frequently - because those waypoints aren't any "in the middle" waypoints of the path - they are just additional goal waypoints.
This is how it is now:
On de_xxx maps T team specific are offensive goals now for T team. CT team specific are defensive goals. Ts are more offensive on those maps, CTs are behaving more defensive.
On all other map types T team specific waypoints are defensive goals, CT team specific are offensive ones. CTs are more offensive on those maps, Ts are behaving more defensive.
Thus - those goals are really matching map type team behavior. Before it was mixed. I believe the same problem exists in all podbot clones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
just a suggestion: it might be better to create a project at googlecode and use a SVN repository for version control instead of adding comments like "KWo - xx/xx/xxxx" everywhere in the code
That helps me what and when I have changed without necessity to compare files between different versions. To find that in SVN I would need to also know what version with what another one I should compare to find the specific change.
BTW - are You going to figure out the work of the pfnGetEntityIllum on the linux DS?