Thread: Maps Request
View Single Post
Re: Maps Request
Old
  (#14)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Maps Request - 07-12-2006

Ok now I remember why baserace is familiar (I tried doing a early version in bobots 1.02).
Baserace is not likely a great Fritzbot candidate. While steal and delivers can be waypointed, I don't think the delivers can be done intelligently enough. The problem is how to make the aiscript 'know' the state of the "constructibles" (script movers). If the bots (through the aiscript) can't know that some constructible is complete, or at a certain level or maxed out then likely we will see bots camping with the materials at one deliver point that is maxed out. Maybe making the deliver points class based would improve on that BUT with 8 deliver points and 5 classes (as well as some other considerations) this would IMHO just about guarrantee that the bots couldn't complete this map's objectives.
The baserace.bsp file just doesn't have the normal TOI's that are needed to properly waypoint this map, so sorry but I am going to say No to this map. And I suspect the other waypointers will come to a similar view.