Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map
Old
  (#43)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map - 23-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_BLG View Post
I set some nonzero value and killed a bot, did round restart - value didn't change. I even kick a bot, and then connect new bot, which occupied entity of kicked bot, and so, the new bot used value of this variable, from the kicked bot!!!
Well - I'm not surprised by this at all. Long time ago I had to be in contact with AMX /AMX X developers, because users have had troubles with admin priviliges. After kicking the bot and enetering the user-admin - he couldn't get his access rights because... these mods where thinking he is still a bot! I have to re-search what was the remedy for this. I'm not sure if they haven't had even to do something with FAKECLIENT flag, then we probably had to add it each frame. It will take me some time to check that.

Anyway - that (what You wrote) means I have to reset v.light_level also at Client_Disconnect, but I'm not sure if that function gets called in my dll for other mm bots (metamod is blocking some messages coming from other its plugins - not sure if this one is blocked or not). I'll try to test it somehow with podbot mm and yapb (2.30). Did You check if v.light_level for the real player (human) is cleared (0) after the player gets killed (is dead)? I feel I have to add more code in some places I didn't think of them yet before... But the work is still in progress - so probably during few days the new build of podbot mm will be released.