View Single Post
Re: PodBotmm on 32 Bit AMD?
Old
  (#23)
TJA

Default Re: PodBotmm on 32 Bit AMD? - 15-04-2010

Oeh.

There are lots and lots of players using CS 1.5 either on LAN or in the internet - with completely legal software!

Yes, overloading a library function is required - but this is legal too!

About the why: Because we love HL1 and CS 1.5, of course! CS 1.6 is crap already and everything on Steam is just ..... <deleted by myself>

But to ensure you, that this the above has nothing to do with those libraries, i started testing without them, of course!

The behavior of PodBotmm (compared to other bots who do run) is not changed when using the above libraries or other MetaMod plugins like soundcheck, amxx or hlguard!

If you prever, i can of course run all tests without *any* other stuff - but as i said, it is the same behavior:

The official stable version completely crashes all servers i have - regardless of plugins or library overloads.
The development version or the debug version only show crashes at the "quit" command or sometimes at the start of CS.

But as you said, the last crashes i posted do not contain hints about podbot - to be sure, i am going to test "quit" on a fresh install without anything: Neither Metamod nor any other library and report back!

JoeBots on CS 1.5 (HL1) UWC3:
beta.murka-terroristka.de:27025

6 Joebots, that go down by one for each human player ...
So you can play against 5 bots on UWC3!

The server runs with both Saved and Fast XP!

JoeBots play as CT all the time ...