View Single Post
Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map
Old
  (#50)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map - 03-04-2012

Well, me and some users are experiencing a crash since the last podbot mm update. I'm getting this error:
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): New message started when msg '35' has not been sent yet

I googled a bit and I found this answer:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders.../msg18419.html

Two situation can cause that error: 1) Calling MESSAGE_BEGIN while another message is being written. 2) Forgetting to call MESSAGE_END and the end of a message you send. It appears you are calling callback functions during MESSAGE_BEGIN, MESSAGE_END, WRITE_BYTE (and many others). If any of these callback functions call a MESSAGE_BEGIN you will get that error (since you would be calling MESSAGE_BEGIN a second time before the first message ended). There is no native queuing mechanism in the SDK, since this is only an issue for plugins trying to intercept events. It is pretty easy to write your own queuing mechanism. You can create an abstract class that can be a int, float, vector, or string. Then use std::vector to hold the instances of the abstract class. (If you plan to port to Linux you can run into library dependency issues using the std library.)

Well - what exactly is the message number 35? If I know this I can narrow down the function calling it. It looks like I still need your help.