Thread: Engine
View Single Post
Re: Engine
Old
  (#26)
Cephas

Default Re: Engine - 16-01-2004

i've been lurking the bot boards for about a month now, been testing all the bots and they are all awesome. just visited other sections and came accross this thread.

I could help with the later development of the game. My brother is an audio engineer and i have access to his personal mini studio thats in a room about 30feet from me. I know how to make realistic sound effects and background theme music. I also used worldcraft for about a year making SP half-life levels for me and my friends, so i could help with level design and have also created numerous UT skins for player models. I have 2 friends that are very good in 3DSMax and Cinema4D so they could help out in that aspect. The only computer programming i know is BASIC, PEARL, JAVA, HTML, and some Pascal. I "understand" most C code but writing it is a different story.

I also know linux and the KDE desktop very well. I have 3 computers in my room and tons of random hardware, so i could do some compatibility testing if ever needed, since you guys said you wanted it to be able to run on various computer platforms.

Like I said, if this project ever does start moving, i can help with the later parts, Sound, Level design, Skins, Modeling, and small parts in programming.