View Single Post
Re: darji2 waypoints
Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 23-04-2008

Never played this one before but getting killed at the gasoline/petrol pump is very familiar to me these days .

(1) I am pretty certain you came across the same problem as I did in Bulldog and the bindlestiff did in other maps. To be safe steal actions should be re-activated when ever they test if_obj_home_true. It has to do with the goal tracker remaining connected to the logic of what is active and what is not. Even though you and I may choose to not use goaltracker activation/deactivation (except 0) it is still used to calculate the on/off state. I think the bindlestiff explains it best in his post.

(2) Action_active 1 makes the action's g_action_info goal track the current goaltracker goal_num IF THE ACTION IS ACTIVE. Steals are special in that they track it when home, but not when carried. I suggest you read CrapShoot's wiki article Fritzbot_Goal_Tracker .

I think when you have got the steal actions back in and the node_ents set and some resetnodeFlag etc. in the aiscript for flags already delivered, you may want to turn your attention to where the flag carrier should go while waiting for the barrier to the truck is in place. You can direct the carrier to a safe spot to camp with what we call a fake delivery. Then when the barrier is gone deactivate the fake delivery and enable the real one. The fake delivery(s) require NO script changes. The bot will remain there knowing the flag delivery is incomplete. Alternately you can have no delivery active when the barrier is in place in which case the carrier is free to roam.

OH AND A HEADS-UP TO ANYONE TRYING THESE WAYPOINTS, THEY REQUIRE THAT THE KEYWORD FIX BETA BE INSTALLED.

Last edited by TomTom; 23-04-2008 at 23:02.. Reason: oops bad link