View Single Post
Re: I'm Finally Stisfied... Well, almost.
Old
  (#16)
FrostyCoolSlug

Default Re: I'm Finally Stisfied... Well, almost. - 22-03-2005

I've played it, from what i saw it (as with its predicesors) is built of the Unreal Tournament engine (now theres an irony in itself), the latest version i believe uses the UT2003 engine. I didn't really enjoy it too much, the 'basic training' part is very slow going if you are someone who wants to get busy fragging.. but its not about fragging! ooh no! its about subliminal messages which pop up on your screen saying 'JOIN THE ARMY, KILL THE BAD DUDES' (ok, so not physically, but thats the impression i was given). The game got very repetitive and boring.. the next round i played was.. 'JOIN THE ARMY, KILL THE BAD DUDES.. AGAIN!' and from what i've seen from TV and the internet (ok, so those are bad sources), it doesn't give the impression of real life at all.. when you game, you don't sit and ask yourself.. 'Is what i am doing wrong?', you just say 'Screw it' and TK a mate for a laugh (c'mon.. we've all done it )

/me waits for all the comments based on my last statement

Anyway, its a very slow game, which is unfortunant, i thought it had potential :/

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network