Thread: news update
View Single Post
news update
Old
  (#1)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default news update - 27-06-2004

I haven't much time to deal with the bot these days but I've managed to post a little news update on the RACC site
Quote:
June 2004

As I get emails asking me where far are the RACC, I believe a little news update is needed (thanks to Jean Ibarz for reminding me so!) Visible progress are available here. Among others, I will quote the AI console that allows me to debug the bot much more easily by displaying, in a certain manner, "what it thinks". The bots learn the map relatively easily, but the navigation proves itself to be not as accurate as what I expected. I made a mistake in overestimating the continuous evaluation capabilities of the bot. I thought it would be able to decide itself, at the right time, when to issue such or such jump or make whatever complicated movement else.
It is not only false but moreover very logical that it be so. Even the human perception is inaccurate and insufficient to guarantee the overcoming at 100% of any new obstacle. What does the rest is simply the memory. For my punishment, I shall dive again into AI Game Programming Wisdom, section 4, chapter 5: Annotating the Nodemap.
Apart that, Bots United is now at cruising speed. Many bots have joined us and we have started discussions over a common project: the United Bot (ha!)
[ Back to top ]

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."