View Single Post
Re: Bots won't join a team
Old
  (#69)
refuge

Depressed Re: Bots won't join a team - 21-01-2012

Dang, I'm pretty sad now

About three months ago, I wanted to relive my "old days" of playing CS, and revive my old server.

I realized I can no longer use HLDS on my hardware due to valve accidentally releasing a new update with SSE2 support, so I spent quite a few hundred upgrading my hardware.

Now, I have a fresh AMD processor, running Gentoo; everything from the kernel to vi is compiled from the source, just for my hardware -- it's pretty cool.

But one thing was missing, and it was joebot; I would go for hours against those NN-powered bots. Well, after all this effort, I've found that there is no working linux version anymore

So then, I tried recompiling the source, but it required a lot of fixing of syntax errors (using iostream.h instead of iostream, cout instead of std::cout, casting pointers to ints, that sort of thing) -- all in a ssh terminal, though the console, too...
Though, I think the code is fundamentally broken, at least with the latest version of GCC -- I wasn't successful.

It really is a shame, and I mean it really is a shame, I think it's safe to say I'll never be able to host a server with joebot again, at least unless someone can recompile the linux-metamod version.

EDIT: So... Is there any way someone could remove the "linux" icon from this board, since linux technically isn't supported at the moment?