View Single Post
Re: Nav File Saved but won't Load
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Nav File Saved but won't Load - 30-05-2014

If you have a nav file for the same map in a pk3 file in the fritzbot directory then that is likely the previous version being loaded. Anytime I am doing pure server tests I have to remind myself that the nav I am saving goes to the regular fritzbot\bots\maps, but the one that gets loaded when I restart is packed up in the pk3 zip file I was testing.

So first check if the map nav exists in any of the pk3 files in fritzbot/ including the official fritzbot map pack releases. If it does you can always rename that .nav to .old inside the .pk3 (winrar is a good tool).

2- always waypoint using /sv_pure 0 and /devmap mapname, it will save you from headaches.

3- If you make a big mistake in waypointing, but have not saved yet, vid_restart will reload the saved file (normal referee restart works with what is still in memory, which helps in cases where you forgot to save before the restart)

4- Make certain you use vid_restart after first turning on editing when you start up FritzBot ET, if you don't you could end up saving an empty waypoint (FritzBot has essentially 2 waypoints, those used in the game, modified by the aiscript, and a waypointing version that only the editor modifies. Seeing stuff on screen might make you think its safe to save when it is not. Later on only use vid_restart to fix display errors or to lose unsaved changes)

that's all for now, hope it helps

Last edited by TomTom; 30-05-2014 at 04:40.. Reason: cmd spelling correct