View Single Post
Re: AIScript Questions
Old
  (#4)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: AIScript Questions - 22-07-2006

I have sent Michelangelo a PM with my critique of his waypoint problems. Troubleshooting them did bring up one point that I think would be of interest to all waypointers -- one that I frequently have to re-discover.

Be sure to CHECK THE CONSOLE AFTER THE BOTS LOAD. Look for the statement in blue that says "A.I. script file loaded and running . . . ." If you have an error in the script, there will be an error message in red telling you on what line of your script the error has occurred. Usually the error messages will be clear enough for you to fix the problem. But I have run into one that isn't -- twice!. It says "Conditional action value 33418532 isn't a action_construct!" WTF does that mean?? Well, what it means is that you have screwed up one of the actions that you're testing and it HAS NO VALID ALLIED OR AXIS GOALS. The line the message references will be the first line of the script under the faulty action test.

Another exhortation for new waypointers: be sure to STUDY the RtCW Waypointing Tutorial. I mean STUDY! There is a lot of important detailed information therein about nodes, actions, routes, and scripting. ET waypointing is built on the RtCW foundation and you need to understand it thoroughly to make the more advanced ET features work properly.

A word to the wise. . .

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 22-07-2006 at 21:17..