View Single Post
Re: Joining a team in CS 1.6
Old
  (#7)
Neoptolemus

Default Re: Joining a team in CS 1.6 - 09-06-2015

Thanks for the heads up. I took a quick look at koraX but couldn't find a proper description of it anywhere. A quick 2-minute scan of a few source files seems to indicate a system to automatically generate waypoints and paths (i.e. not needing to manually place them as with traditional HPB-based bots), some techniques to understand the topography of a map and a much more sophisticated decision-making system.

Looks interesting, will need to take a closer look after work! Will take a look at them in action too.

For me, I've finished gutting HPB bot, so everything has been stripped right back including the navigation system. All that's left are some bots that can "join" a server, pick a team, issue client commands and receive server messages. Now to start building my own framework Once I have something worth posting about, I'll create a blog and put the link here.

The challenging part will be analysing the BSP files to create a triangle soup for the recast library to operate on, but luckily I'm a data nerd so I quite enjoy that sort of thing.

Last edited by Neoptolemus; 09-06-2015 at 18:16..