View Single Post
Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints
Old
  (#39)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 13-06-2007

=Aim= :

(1) My idea for disabling the gen A dynamite action is to create an CONTENTS_PLAYERCLIP fake_brush box around the generator with a trigger_hurt to simulate an invisible electric force field/fence (it is a tall box and I have not yet figured how to surface the box without using a model.) CONTENTS_PLAYERCLIP type boxes do not impede weapons fire so you can shot through them. This field would be removed after the axis blow the gen B and hold the 4th floor flag for 30 seconds.

I need some suggestions for a map to steal a sound from (barb wire sound seems wrong). I tried the airassault_fp1 (air ship) electrocution sound but it does not loop well.

(2) As to placing an invisible box above the generator to prevent laying dyno on top, I would have to use something like CONTENTS_NODROP, CONTENTS_SOLID to prevent the dynamite being thrown on top and enabled from below/ Now that type of box means everything would bounce off (bullets, grenades...). and the bots would likely try to shoot through it. So I think rather than prevent jumping on the generator I will test out the bots ability to disarm and add waypoints as needed.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.