View Single Post
Some un-wanted connections
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Some un-wanted connections - 05-06-2004

Sometimes we have to add some connections only for take from WP Editor checking the warranty all is OK. Here is some example from cs_assault map. At this first screenshot you can see some WP with incoming connection from some roof's camp WP. This WP (nr 340) and these near are only for the situation if bots fall down from roof after some combat - if you don't put here these WP's , they don't know they have to go. But we don't want bot go this way from roof to down - this connection is only for WP editor checking and probably for A* pathinfinder code (no path found). So how to prevent bots take this way as normal and after fall down by them? They are thinking- it's a good way - so they go. OK - if they die after falling down - maybe they don't choose this way in the future according to the A* algorythm. But maybe there is a possibility to add some flag to this WP 340 (go by this WP only if You don't have another choice - only if You falled down at this WP)?

BTW - this is from original SF pwf file. I changed this pwf a little bit because I like if Terrorist go to the roof , too , from inside. SF made only one way connection from roof to inside the building - probably to prevent them to fall down.
It can be a good idea to make separate author's name and last saved waypointer name too, to see the first author (creator) of pwf , too. Now I can't distribute this my pwf file, becase the license and author's lows of SF to this pwf could be losed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cs_assault_1.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	284   Click image for larger version

Name:	cs_assault_2.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	285  

Last edited by KWo; 05-06-2004 at 11:08..