Old
  (#4)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: POD-Bot 2.6 For mEAn Admin - 22-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
Rob seems to have problems with the mm series with mEAn
I am running the mm series under mEAn just fine. The problem may have to do with Rob using CS 1.5, but we don't know yet.

If there's anything to add to POD 2.6, it would be allowing mEAn to impose real weapon restrictions on the bots. The method I use simply prevents restricted weapons from being spawned by the bots, this is not a proper solution but the only one I could come up with. There's other areas I'd like to have access to, such as forcing bots to buy certain weapons, and select a specifc weapon under certain circumstances (eg instead of sniping across the map with a knife, put the damn thing down and shoot with the pistol).

I plan on releasing the source code, so perhaps parts of mEAn can be incorporated directly into POD, or a better interface can be made between the two systems.

The ultimate bot interface for mEAn would be similar to the United Bot for Half-Life.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut