View Single Post
Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot.
Old
  (#6)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 03-02-2009

Got around to trying out RconIT. It runs fine as is (just unzipped no installer). My config file idea worked fine but then I went on to trying out the send command box. What I found was that the most likely commands you would want remote control of in FritzBot ET are already directly supported by the FritzBot ET server through rcon. I.E. kick allbots, addbot, addbot <name>, g_minbots, g_maxbots, bot_skill, bot_aimskill, map etc. are supported under custom/additional commands. If you remember the FritzBot ET console command just type it there (without the leading slash '/'). and it should work if you have connected to the server with the correct rconPassword.

So for instance if my server is set to the LAN IP 192.168.0.1 port 27960 password test, I would first make certain that the server windows network settings fixed the machine's IP to 192.168.0.1 (or run IPconfig to find existing IP, or get it from ET's console serverinfo). Then type rconPassword "test" in the console of the dedicated server. Once done run RconIT on your client machine and enter the Server IP address, Server Port and Server rcon Password (without the quotes) and you should connect (if your firewall allows 192.168.0.1 in the trusted zone). I did find that I could kick individual bots by name in the Kick by Name box. And then tried out Kick By ID number and at random banned myself ( oops). But RconIt seemed to be still connected so I guess that is one advantage. My only complaint is that RconIt takes up 60% of my current screen resolution obscuring most of my ET play window, so I guess I would chose to learn rcon in the console too.