View Single Post
Re: Assist Needed, couple last pieces of info needed...
Old
  (#11)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Assist Needed, couple last pieces of info needed... - 09-02-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAStumm
pEntity->v.aiment = Entity #7 ("player")
pEntity->v.owner = Entity #7 ("player")

hmmm interesting... Do hostages in CS do this too? Anyone have knowledge of DoD with similar such as the "papers" or "plans" or whatever the secret docs you rescue are?
I just checked in CS, the hostages don't do that (unfortunately for you). Nothing in their entvars seem relevant to tell that this hostage is following someone. I don't know about DoD.

Quote:
as for cs though, the entity type doesn't change does it? Just the model changes for that ent... I'm just using a findentity function on weapon_c4 and the v.model changes as its planted or dropped or carried.
Yes it does change, and that's your main problem. There is no "bomb" entity, only several ways to represent a bomb in the game.
Like I said, a DROPPED bomb is a "weaponbox" type of entity.
A PLANTED bomb is a "grenade" type of entity
A CARRIED bomb is a "weapon_c4" one, but you could also check if (pPlayer->v.weapons & WEAPON_C4) to tell if a player is carrying a bomb or not.

Quote:
What about server say messages? Is that just a matter of hooking pfnServerCommand or is there some other way?
It depends on what you mean by "server say" messages. If you are talking about just the ability for the server admin to type "say" in the console then I suppose hooking pfnServerCommand() would work. Although you'd be 100% sure only by hooking the network messages, since this is a type of message that is broadcasted.

Quote:
Bot chat? No real way to do this for ALL bots is there? Other than grabbing SayText on the fly? Does me no good to get bot chat if it only works for BOBSLEETBOT but not for JOHNSLEETBOT
Yes there is, and in fact you should not do it differently for bots and for real players, since hooking SayText messages is the only orthodox way to go. You should implement a message catcher in your metamod DLL, that would send the integrality of any network message being sent by the game in a buffer of yours, then you are free to look at this message more closely before releasing it. Look in my PodFix plugin for an example of a (simple) message catcher.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."