View Single Post
Re: Bots and "other" game engines
Old
  (#16)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Bots and "other" game engines - 14-03-2004

I think I read somewhere that Stefan's internet got cut off which is why he's gone missing.

I agree a restructuring is needed. In order to attract outside of HL. We'll have to start talking about generic bot AI that can apply to any type of game engine.

For example, if we look at the "united bot" idea, there's a whole lot of design work that can be done which has nothing to do with HL and may be very attractive to people who are working outside of HL.

I think the "united bot" thread which is here
http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...=9080#post9080 should be made into a forum of its own, and prioritized as THE primary technical project of Bots United. If we succeed, it will be a great acheivement in collabration and something that can be applied across game engines - and hopefully serve as a bridge for cross game engine bot develoment.

Note: Please check out my latest post in the united bot thread. I have some new ideas showing how we can actually build a cross game engine bot.

*whew* I need to relax now.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut