Re: An couple ideas for the action/script system
Old
  (#3)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: An couple ideas for the action/script system - 13-07-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
I think one of the issues with movers is that the bot needs to be able to recognize if it is there or not.
Not really, because the bot goes by the nodes & actions. The Mover runs on either a specific time frame or by activation. If the bots waits the given amount of time before moving to the next specified action or node (which is the time it takes for the mover to reach it's destination or near the bot) then it shouldn't need to know unless you totally made the script mover awareness part of their AI code. Using the method i explained above all the bot sees is wait states so that's what he'll do. He don't really need to know that he's on a mover.

The only trouble here is, he'd be sort of defenseless in a way. Now if he seen another bot i'd assume he'd shoot at him but usually when on a tram people toss airstrike cans and such off the things and use them for some sort of attack/defense procedures.

Think of it in this way, Unreal Tournament has lifts, these are script movers. The Bots wait for the lift to come down, they get on it and wait till it reaches it's destination, then get off. Now granted sometimes they get caught in the shafts but that happens i mean UT is a pretty old game. I don't know if that was a good comparison but you get my drift.

The only way the bot would need to know if it's a mover or not is if it was part of his awareness code or if by some chance he coud be in danger like being smashed or flung off of it because it's moving to fast, or if the movers require jumping sequences (the jumping kinds of movers would probably be pretty impossible to waypoint anyway).

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 13-07-2005 at 02:11..