Thread: RACC homepage
View Single Post
Re: RACC homepage
Old
  (#4)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: RACC homepage - 29-12-2003

lol, thats actually quite impressive. Although i cannot guide my bots yet (they simply say "affirmative" but don't do anything with my orders seriously) i mostly enjoy the dynamic change of the game when some serious failures happened in a previous round. Especially dust becomes more fun now.

Good ol' rush to the bombspot b through the famous 3 way will get you killed, and eventually end up with only 2 bots going there and the rest via the tunnel.

What i try now is to play as a lamer and camp/snipe at spots. Then i watch if any bots learned something from it. If they try another way, find my weakness. THis is quite hard for bots to figure out when there are several minor alternatives. I also am thinking off a 'ranked' priority scheme, so the first on the list who carries orders will be listened to, instead of the last one. This means when a bot is at the top 3 , he can order other bots. IN THEORY

Anyway, back to coding

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me