View Single Post
Re: Real Physical Inputs for Bots
Old
  (#8)
The_Hard_Mission_Guy
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Real Physical Inputs for Bots - 02-06-2006

I wish that I could as easy interface my bot to HL, Quake...as to webots!
but it seems as DrEvil mentioned before that , the gaming industry in general doesn't have an interest in such a realistic perception-based AI.

The standard game engines are designed in a way , which forces the developer to choose waypointed navigation instead of obstacle avoidance algorithms , that are impossible without some kind of distance sensors...

it's good to hear that I'm finding like-minded (or @ least partially like- minded) individuals concerning AI Bot development.

some time ago , I have gone extreme radical ways of thinking in order to make machine perception as close (or even identical) to that of humans...
I planned to setup a LAN network of average performance PC's that are able to run HL,HL2, quake..etc to use them as interfaces to other High performance computers which run the AI.
by connecting for example the screen output to a TV card on the corresponding computer that runs the AI and then return the Output from the AI computer to the mouse and keyboard sockets of the game-running machine.....and so on for all PC's of the lan network.

I never did that because it's a project which is a little bit t00 extreme for one person to achieve!
but I'm sure , that would be the ultimate project that combines fun and research together.