Re: [Help] : podbot teamwork ,and radio
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: [Help] : podbot teamwork ,and radio - 03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbot View Post
there are somethings i want to know about podbot teamworks , please explain for me :

1 .

a . When a bot need backup, encounter enemy .... do other bots know and go to help ?
b. And if they know , can they know where their teammate spotted enemy ?
c. If i set pb_radio to 0 (disable bot's radio) do they still know ?
(i mean if the bots can communicate each other when i disable pb_radio)
When the bots call "Enemy spot" or "Taking fire, need assistance" - other bots know where to go (they can see his teamnate on the radar and they go to that place). When pb_radio is off (0), bots cannot call each other, but - i.e. a human would call them, they will go to the right place to try to help. Normally pb_radio should be on (1).

Quote:
2 .
Code:
# This value sets the maximum number of Bots of one team to follow thesame
# user(when Radio Command "Follow Me" is used). Default is 5.
pb_numfollowuser 5
a. Please tell me what 's the "user" here means ?
it means only human -
or it means all player (are both human and bots) ?
The "user" is a player/bot using the particular bot. I mean - if You want other bots to follow You - You are the "user" for them (in the case they decide to follow You). The same if other bot is calling the command "follow me" - and some bots are deciding to really follow him - then the bot asking other bots to follow him - he is the user for those they follow him.

Quote:
b . I don't know if changing the value of this command will affect to the bots teamwork ?
("team work" here means between bots with bots , not between bots with human)
To be honest - the teamwork of bots is really poor, so that value cannot really affect them to play worse as a team.

Quote:
c . And this command only has effect on the "Follow Me" command ,
- or it has effect on all other radio commands ?
No, it does affect only "follow me" command. Other radio commands don't check this value.