Thread: Waypointing
View Single Post
Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#4)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 28-11-2004

I've been having issues with S&I. Sometimes the bot will run fine for long periods of time, hours on end. I haven't been able to pinpoint an exact source of the crashes, I'm not even sure if it is Grave Bot or not (though it most likely is, but do note I never tested non-Steam S&I). Two crashes in an hour and a half isn't that bad, considering all of the chaos constantly going on. This makes tracking problems down extremely difficult. Tomorrow I'll run a long lasting listen server to see if I can track down any problems with MSVC++'s debugger.

Between HLDM and S&I, S&I is by far the lesser tested of the two. I'll continue testing though I'm not sure how heavily. School sucks. :-/

Everything I said in 3 is implemented.

Today I was able to get the metamod version of HPB bot to compile, so getting a meta mod version of Grave Bot should be pretty simple. Though I'm not sure how long it will take me, due to time constraints.

I'm interested in knowing how the bot performed, as far as getting scientists, defending dropped scientist, stuff like that. I've never been a big S&I player, so their AI most likely isn't nearly as good as it good be.

Thanks for your interest in Grave Bot.