View Single Post
Re: Turn off Bots shooting back after Teamattack
Old
  (#52)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Default Re: Turn off Bots shooting back after Teamattack - 30-06-2018

Yes I wasn't sure on using newer compilers as not every Metamod Addon or even some Source Addons work with newer compilers as Cheeseh did mention that RCBot2 works best on VS 2012 or 2013. Even using GCC 4.8 or 4.9 appears to compile better for like FoxBot and some other bots that seem to hate newer compilers, maybe due to too many depreciation warnings or forward compatibility issues.

Also I'm not a big fan of MSVC but I have already got VS 2017 ready for other projects that aren't as ancient like some old MSVC 6.0 projects back near the end of the 1990s. But personally I seriously think MS are being too inconsiderate as well maybe made a wrong move for taking over Github and buying Nokia's Lumia range that sucks on Windows Phone. So good riddance to Windows Phone SDK!

As for this POD-Bot Windows compiling method I didn't adjust anything apart from using the VS 2013 compiler kit inside VS 2017 and using the newer Metamod headers and HLSDK 2.3 headers. The VS project for POD-Bot already appears to have the Runtime Library in Multi-Threaded mode - individually for Debug and Opt releases.

Anyway I've recompiled them with VS 2017 compiler kit and ensure they got Runtime Libs Multi-Threaded. Try this zip again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip podbot_mm.zip (657.6 KB, 263 views)

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001