Re: United Bot philosophy and roadmap.
Old
  (#7)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: United Bot philosophy and roadmap. - 21-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bwoy
Is there any way someone like myself could observe the development process? I know I could keep up with the progress in the forum or wiki, but I'm interested in learning to code (C++). So is there any way I could just check out the files? like cvs on sourceforge? then, once I get a feel for the process, I can start contributing.
OR, if you guys don't mind dealing with a noob, can I be an apprentice on this project? ...
Some of the development process may be made public, perhaps all of it. We'll have to first wait and see what development process is decided on.

Not all the challenges will be C++ coding issues, a lot will have to do with software design issues which are program language independant. Usefull input can therefore come from people do not have any C++ knowlege, but I expect you will have to have a deep understanding of programming concepts in general.

As for being an "apprentice" you'd have to find people willing to do such a thing. Many of us are already bogged down at work during the day, and there's never enough hours at night to work on all the fun projects we'd like to be working on - some of us are going to bed at 2:00 am ... for some reason PMB comes to mind

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut