View Single Post
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#27)
Santo

Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Why the player should be gone? I wrote clearly - they don't answer if they are alive. They do answer if they are dead and the player asking them is dead, too. So if the player is dead, why should he be gone (from the server?)?-
Yes man from the Server, the POD BOT are replying retard.

Quote:
That means about 5 new cvars (min/max delays, min/max chat probability, delay between 2 chats). Do You know how many cvars is there already? I believe the people are already lost while reading the current podbot.cfg and docs...
I've read all POD BOT files.
Quote:
I'm not creator of podbot mm. The first creator of podbot was Count Floyd. He stopped work on this bot, but he left the sources. Then Pierre-Marie Baty has ported this bot to metamod (so it's called now podbot mm), but after short time of work on this bot and many complains of users (including me ) - to add/change something, he gave up and left it, too. Actually he was also busy with his-own business and private life, so I believe it was the main reason he had to stop the work on this bot. Then SpLoRyGoN started to continue the work on this bot, but after some time he had to stop it, too. Finally I learned a bit C++ and I started step by step to modify the code of this bot. That's the history. Currently I'm really busy so I don't have much time to work on it. The feature You need isn't much time consuming, but - if I do it for You - then other people wanted other cvars for other settings will start to complain (why not my needs?).
As You can see - after reading this forum - You are the only person asking about the chat frequency. Nobody else needs this. I don't think it's the most important thing to do now. The people are still reporting one bug - bots are looking at the sky for no reason. I spent huge time to fix this, but it looks it's still not fixed. Maybe even there are other bugs they need to be fixed? That is always the priority. If bugs are fixed, then I'm eventually adding new features. Is this OK for You or not?
It's not for me specially. It's for every one. That's why I've asking you to make a pool with this subject and see the people vote for it. Thanks and I hope you can do one Pool.