View Single Post
Re: Turns Off amxmodx
Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Turns Off amxmodx - 02-12-2009

GunGame mod may explain a lot. Try to take a look what is happening with guns when the bot dies. Normally the weapon should dispear (at list CSDM does it so), so when the player gets spawned he gets the new weapon. That means the number of entities on the server doesn't increase. But if for some reason removing weapons after dieing player/bot is not working correctly - the amount of entities increases - end - if the map is neverending (mp_timelimit 0, objectivies - like bombs, bombzones, hostages - are removed from the map) - after certain amount of hours the memory allocated for CS gets corupted - which may cause side effects like turning off some plugins.
You can easy test if I'm right - just put on Your server as many bots as possible (so You dont need to wait 70 hours for the problem, but it should occur faster). Watch them as a spectator to see what is happening with their weapons after dieing or after they want to pickup another gun from the ground (so they have to drop their own one).
Another possibility - if You are using linux dedicated server and if You are using optimized metamod (i.e. metamod-p 1.19p32) I have seen the server which this metamod was causing really bad things (the memory got completly wrong info - some cvars registered by another amxx plugin, moved cvars between plugins etc). I don't know what was really the problem, but switching to the standard metamod fixed couple of problems.