View Single Post
Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox?
Old
  (#50)
Dysangel

Smile Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox? - 27-09-2011

Hi there, not sure if any of you guys are still around, but I was just about to start reading a book on AI and it reminded me of the nuclearbox days, which led me to this post :p

I used to go by the name eLiTe on Nuclearbox (and in fact I still have my nboxelite [at] hotmail.com email address as my secondary email address). It's satisfying to see Count Floyd mention TEAMbot, seeing as POD bot was the most popular back then and so I had a lot of respect for him and the things he was doing (especially when it came to doing stuff like implementing the A* search algorithm which I had no idea how to do until Botman released his code)

I'd also like to see that chatbot thesis you mentioned if you have a link to it Count Floyd, it sounds pretty cool!

I agree with everyone else that the state of AI in single player games these days is still pathetic compared to what we were making back then!

TEAMbot is still the most fun project that I've ever done, and all you nuclearbox guys were the ones that made it really worthwhile, so if any of you are reading this, thankyou

[edit: special mention to RuBones, I remember him helping a lot with waypoint files and encouragement]