Re: Misc bot idea & stuff thread
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Misc bot idea & stuff thread - 30-11-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp
evaluate is called, each behaviour which can do anything, puts a goal with a priority into some list, and in the end the goal with the highest priority wins
Why do I have the feeling that you're taking things by the wrong end ? Your bot reasons like if it had no duties, didn't know initially what to do. Here you have a bot (or a squad) pick up from a list of possible goals. It works as if you let the bot or the squad choose what it likes best. It should be the other way around: the goal, i.e. something that must be done, especially when it is part of a greater plan, should be attributed to the squad with the higher chances of completing it.

It's quite a big difference !

*edit*
let me explain with other words perhaps. With your system, if for a particular goal, nobody feels like he's gonna be able to do it, this goal will not even be pursued. In my system, even if the goal looks impossible to all, my bots will at least try - because that's their mission.
You will end up with shy bots... JoeBot XPs, sissies ?

*edit 2*
...and noteworthy, my approach also solves your problem of having two squads doing the same thing at the same time

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 30-11-2004 at 23:51..