View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 12-04-2008

A)Yes it may not matter in this case (the constructs being set as minor ones). However, All the active "forever" (/action_active .. 1) does is make the g_action_info goalnum follow the current goalnum IF the action is active. It does nothing if the action is disabled. In maps that do not use goaltracker triggering it is good practice to make all actions active "forever" JIC. Your disabling the primary goals if the CP is lost will still work.

B) It was added to rev 0.70 as a quick hack by Mal thus the re-use of the entnum like the reuse for mineplants. Mentioned here in the wiki.

2) No wiki article on adding teleports. My practice waypoints ae_sniper_night provides an example for scripting a new teleport (btw I was kidding about teleporting on breakout).
Most original brushes in the map will have no script name nor an individual entity number, they are compiled into the worldspawn. They can not be removed/modified except in a mapping editor like radient gtk. Exceptions may be those things that you can break (windows... but even then it is rare to have a scriptname on those things).

1. Fritzbot ET is based on ETmain with only a few scripting things borrowed from ETPro (e.g. func_fakebrush). So cvars you read about for ETPro don't work in Fritzbot. btw exceeding 10 mine plants can possibly crash fritzbot.

2. Don't know. Bots may pause briefly if their chosen goal is completed or deactivated before they get to it, or engineers may briefly pause if they chose a dyno action that already has dynamite planted about to blow. Bots may pause indefinitely if they chose an action they can't navigate to from their current position. And if no action is available they zombie and generally complain "no goal..."

3. Could be an interaction between their get-out-of-there self-protect behavior (for dynamite about to blow) and the defuse event. Since I can't change the code I suggest; (a) don't defuse your teammates dyno, (b) make certain that there are at least 2 if not 3 engr bots per team, to increase chances that one is not so affected and (c) roam in other classes of the opposing team to kill any zombie like engrs. (and make sure your actions are set action_active 1 JIC to be sure it is not an unwanted goaltracker interaction)

4. fakebrushes can be hard to see. Your example has all 8 corners and 4 out of 8 vertices embedded in the well walls. Another thing, flying around as a spectator does not let you see them, you have to belong to a team. (use /noclip to see the embedded parts of the fake brush box.)

5. Not certain I understand. ET script has movement commands specific to trains and what they pull and other commands used by everything else script_mover wise. If you mean making the movement trigger like that for a truck well 420blunt's script suggestion does that (also see the bindlestiff's __bridges__). If you mean make the train damageable/repairable I don't know. I have tried to change the truck on supplydepot in that way with little success.

Hope this all helps more than it confuses.