View Single Post
Re: pb menu doesn't work
Old
  (#106)
TheTrueDiablo

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 27-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
If the manual wasn't sufficient - read the whole topic - yes about 11 pages - but don't be so lazy. Because I'm not going to reapeat the same answer over and over again...
The way you explain it all makes sense to most but some get confused, and on a dedicated server typing the "restart" command won't allow access to the pb menu to those who can't get it here's what i did to fix the issues i had like KWo said

Server side setup:

C:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\podbot\podbot.cfg thats the file you need to access on the server inside this file heres what needs to be changed.

podbot.cfg:

# Sets the password to have access to the podbot menu on DS by 'pb menu'
# console command typed in client's admin PC or called from the binded key.
# Example of bind on Your client PC:
# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password "Password1"

change the bold text to whatever you want now for the next part

Client Side settings:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\"steamuserid"\counter-strike\cstrike

in that folder create a text file "autoexec.cfg" like KWo said previously make sure to have hide known file extensions checked off or the file will be "autoexec.cfg.txt" and will not work if you already have this file then just add the following to it

autoexec.cfg:

setinfo "_pbadminpw" "this is the same password you made in the podbot.cfg file"
bind "=" "pb menu"

After all this has been done type exit on the console of your server this will close the server all the way then restart the server and it should then work """""THIS INFO IS FOR DEDICATED SERVERS ONLY FOR NAMESERVER HELP ASK KWo""""""""

KWo sorry if i stepped on your toes or anything that could have upset you i just was frustrated and figured this could help others having issues like mine