View Single Post
Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints
Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 25-05-2007

Well yes playing and watching is one way but it is not very rigorous.

The one-bot testing I have been doing is a more mundane method. I join and move the boat to an area of interest. Then I spectate and add one single bot (not an engineer since they have higher priority tasks). Then I watch the bot approach the boat and climb on. As soon as the boat starts to move I hit the key with the bind to kick allbots. The bot is kicked and the boat then stops and I addbot the bot again and watch again repeating the process...

A second mundane process will be to repeat the process with an engineer bot but after kicking the bot then switch to axis, damage the boat, switch back to spectate, addbot the allied engineer bot again, watch it swim for the boat, verify that it repairs the boat so that it or another bot moves it by a minimum amount then kick allbots, damage the boat again etc etc etc.

And who said waypointing was fun?

Anyway any help will be appreciated since a failure of the bots to move or repair the boat at any particular location kills the project. You may note that the bots swim a long way round to get to the boat. This is because they don't know to approach it from behind, so the nodes and connections must induce that behavior. I think I can likely add 2 more faketois to trigger 2 shorter paths to the boat without the map crashing, and that may be the best that can be done outside of making the boat move merely when bots swim along side.