View Single Post
Re: northpole and saberpeak_fina waypoint needs
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: northpole and saberpeak_fina waypoint needs - 26-03-2007

After a quick walkthrough i think both are do-able. but both will be less than optimal.
-Saberpeak_final will have likely problems with the boat, but the script fixes like those Crapshoot did for me for supplydepot2's truck might work with the boat to allow bots to swim along with it rather than have to climb on its side. The bots probably won't use the mounted mg42. On the other side 0.70 axis bots will try to damage the boat unless we can prevent them getting in the water alongside. the ammo steal deliver looks easy. I think I will give it a pass for now (low saturation diet).
- Northpole's tram might work out with a series of fake brushes to keep the bot inside. The tram buttons are func_doors so the bots could be made to operate them like in 2hide, but their placement is a problem. The trams have to be used with "map_has_vehicle 0" so the bot trapped inside may not agree with being taken to the otherside. A big problem is with how to prevent axis bots going zombie. That is to prevent a bot being unable to find a path to an active action behind the town door. I could leave the tram path connected but then bots that get to the tram late will fall. Or I could toggle it depending upon the tram's position. I could also try leaving an impossible and very long sky path that would draw axis bots to the door or tram landing so that bots inside could still perform actions. I would then have to deal with the bot priorities especially CVops (and engineers). The cannon will be touchy since the bots need an action inside to get them to go prone (say an altroam?) but bots not going for the alt roam could bottleneck it. Once launched a series of one way connected large nodes will keep them from timing out. And a few fake brushes could give a better chance of getting across when under fire. Likewise I might have to do something for the "gejser' if it can survived. But the biggest failing of bots is Mal never coded in a Christmas spirit subroutine. And they just can't dance to ZZTop music!
So I think I might do some isolated tests on Northpole. And maybe the map could be done before an Australian June Christmas . But I'll start some other map on my list of possibles in the meanwhile.