View Single Post
Re: PodBot Problems with Chat
Old
  (#19)
Santo

Default Re: PodBot Problems with Chat - 05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
The default botchat.txt is working. Just tested few hours ago. What are condition to see the reply when You are talking to them:
1. You and at least one bot (no matter what team) is dead.
2. You are using say command (not say_team).
3.The keyword is written in botchat.txt in capitalize (UPPER CASE).
4. pb_chat is set to 1.

Try first change this:
@KEY "admin"
to
@KEY "ADMIN"

[code=bot.cpp]
// Assign how talkative this Bot will be
pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0); // KWo - 02.03.2010
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100); // KWo - 31.03.2006[/code]

As You can see in that part of code above - the bot has a delay to repeat (random value 10 - 20 seconds) - to prevent flooding. That is also made so to have it human like (the human needs time to repeat - he never does it instantly). Another thing - the bot sometomes doesn't answer - if he doesn't like to do that. It comes from that second line (chatProbability). If that value is grater than random value 0-100 checked every time the answer should happen - the the bot asnwers. Otherwise - it doesn't answer. Those values above are calculated while the bot is created.
I hope now You get the full answer. Sorry for delay.
Thanks for your reply. First of all I've tested this and after a several minutes, one of the bots reply to me, but I'm not sure if I must write the single word, UPPER CASE, like It's written in botchat.txt, or can I write the word in small cases and in combination with other words like: "How can i get admin on this Server?"
And my second question Is, how can I change the SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT and pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG ?