Re: C4 detection bug
Old
  (#16)
dor123
Unofficial podbot mm tester

Wink Re: C4 detection bug - 01-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
Well, its not that I was saying that it was good that the dropped bomb couldn't be found.
I was trying to refer to the bomb not being found or picked up once-in-awhile.

I've seen human players have sight of the bomb, but do not try to fetch for fear for a CT camping near by. Therefore, he chose a different route so they could see all positions surrounding the dropped bomb. It's one of those things, a human could process, rather than a bot. Also I've seen human players camp near a dropped bomb and not pick it up right away. It's one of those concious awarnesses that humans have aquired over millions of years.

Anyway, snice I'm going off track, a bomb not picked up all the time seems fine to me, and more human-like. I guess a goal for AI Developers are to make a bot so well, that the humans playing with them, can't realize they are bots. And so far CS Bot and Brothers in Arms are closest.
Yeah I thought that's what you ment by "isn't it good?". You're absolutly right. It can't be found all the time right? There must be at least one thing that is human-like in any bot so, *poof* and there you go! You got yourself a human-like thingy with PODBot too! Isn't that great?

After all, as Ancient said, it's pretty rare that the bots are dropping the bomb in those hard-to-find corners.
Even if it does happen, who cares if your enemies (if you are a CT) can't find the bomb and plant it? Besides, you could always pick it up yourself if you are a T and bots can't handle themselves.

dor123

PodBot - The best CS Bots evah! (KWo rulez)

F*ck OFF but don't forget to also Rock ON