View Single Post
Re: Some more questions
Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Some more questions - 26-11-2005

I checked your log - the bot that it said didn't load, well... didn't load.

I found out why: a quotation mark wasn't wrapped around the bots name. Anytime you have a name with a space in it, you have to wrap it in a " " so that it reads it properly. Without it, it reads the 2nd part of the name as a command, sees that its not a valid one, then skips loading that bot.

This is our fault, and I've fixed my copy of that bot, and it will be sent out fixed in the patch.

ALSO - I was checking thru my bot adding code. It turns out I made it so that the game would only add bots if there was only 1 person on the server. If you and your friend joined at the same time (without starting a team), then you each went to a team, the code assumes your playing online with ppl and don't want bots, so doesn't load them. I think I originally coded it that way a long time ago because someone asked me to have the bots only load on his server if only 1 person was on it. He basically only wanted bots if he was on by himself.

It was so long ago that I wrote that code, I totally forgot about it. :o

I may relook at that loading code on my next day off and see if theres a better way to do that.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 26-11-2005 at 09:34..