View Single Post
Wroclaw Map Bugs
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Wroclaw Map Bugs - 28-11-2005

Yesterday I noticed that Blunt had added the waypoints for the map "Wroclaw_beta." I immediately downloaded the waypoints and then located the map on the web and downloaded it too. When my gaming buddy and I ran it last night, we encountered several weird problems. Bots were placing TNT at open areas on walls and wandering aimlessly. As an engineer, when I placed TNT on doors that gave the "blow this target" message, my TNT would go off but the wall/door did not open.

After some time, I got beaucoup error messages saying something to the effect that "bots have no valid goals within this map." We abandoned the map at this time. When we moved on to other maps, some worked properly but we found that for about a dozen others the map objectives were missing. There were no US/Axis flag icons on the screen, the objective list was completely blank and the main goal text seemed to be a remanent of one of the "good" maps that we had played previously.

Strange, indeed. I haven't had the time to debug this yet, aside from going through all 36 of my Fritzbot maps and finding out which of them were contaminated. These are maps that were perfectly good before Wroclaw. I don't know how one map could influence the others. If I can't locate the source of the problem, I think I'll restart from my last previous system backup and see if that removes it.

For now, I'm very puzzled. . .