View Single Post
Re: Time to make some decisions?
Old
  (#29)
FrostyCoolSlug

Default Re: Time to make some decisions? - 12-05-2004

Maybe just a small mov of you sitting in the back of an APC while your computer loads the map?
Thing is, what happens, if Player1 changes map first, player2 goes in a second after, and player2 has a faster computer than player1?
They will be sat on the new server waiting for player1 to come thru ;p

I like how loads of ideas are being thown around, I've come up with an idea that may 'balance' the respawn problem.

Basically, its been said that if you respawn immediatly, it will reduce team play so, i propose this.

Reward Team players will a smaller wait time.

Player A is a sniper,
Player B is an assault dude.

If player B has been in a certain Diameter of player A for a certain ammount of time, and gets killed, its kinda obvious that player B was protecting the sniper. So set a default spawn time of (lets say..) 60secs.

If anyone dies doing things like protecting snipers, attacking goals with other players (Flags, outposts etc), just general team play, reduce their 'respawn wait' to 5secs. Therefor, any 'Rambo' or someone not involved with the team will have to wait a LOT longer than anyone else to spawn. Snipers with more than X kills on the trot near something like a base or a goal should also be concidered a 'team player' imo.

If we decide 'this is good' we need to lay out what makes a team player from a general moron :p (And the best ways to decide this )

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network