Thread: Waypointing
View Single Post
Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#55)
BuMHeD

Default Re: Waypointing - 09-01-2005

Hey there guys,

I don't want to toss any fuel on the fire, but since we're on the topic of bot issues... I finally got a chance to run my server using your bot. I must say, I have never had more fun fighting bots in my life, so excellent job there. The problem I am having is that when I run a server with serveral bots (I tested it with and 2 human players, we had a server crash. It was an SZ_Getspace error that has been mentioned in previous posts on other forums. The error occurred at the exact moment that an 11th player joined. The server maxplayer value was set for 10, so naturally, when a player attempted to join, a random bot was kicked and the player was admitted... and as soon as the server confirmed his connection, the server crashed for everyone and the aforementioned error was received. The exact error reads as follows:

"SZ_GetSpace: Tried to write to an uninitialized sizebuf_t: ???"

The best research I could do on the topic was a random member of a forum that said that this error is caused when a player and bot are entering/leaving the server... and something with the bot and the HL.exe doesn't "jive.".... If you have any ideas, do share. Sorry to put more bad news out in the open, but I think it's important that you know. I have been able to run the server with small traffic (less than 4 players including bots) for 24 hours. As soon as the traffic gets labor-intensive, and the circumstances mentioned above are fulfilled, the server crashes. Goodluck.

*~BuM~*