View Single Post
Re: 4.0 template crash at cs 1.6
Old
  (#3)
koraX

Default Re: 4.0 template crash at cs 1.6 - 25-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I know I will sound like an ass, but I have little time here (and other priorities)... would you mind debugging this one yourself ?
It's OK I had this problem for month and I debugged it. However crash was not caused by bots code. It created bot and returned succesfully, and then HL crashed. So it was probably some wrong return value/setting that caused hl engine to crash. I'll debug it again, but my hopes are low

EDIT : So I set breakpoint in dll.cpp in ClientCommand function on "BotCreate( pEntity, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4 );" calling. after I invoked addbot command in game, program paused and I debugged ClientCommand function without any error and after It exited ClientCommand function it went back to disassembly, 'cause execution was back in Half-life engine. and right after I resumed execution, oh-so-helpful Unhandled exception on address 0xC0...5. Acces violation reading memory ...
I hope there are some advanced debugging stuff I do not know and there is way to debug this error...

Question is, what was changed from cs 1.5 to cs 1.6 ? Maybe that way I can find what is missing in the bot...

kXBot
koraX's utils
- see my homepage for other projects (OpenGL CSG Editor, FAT16 Sim, NNetwork Sim, ...)

Last edited by koraX; 25-01-2005 at 20:31..