View Single Post
Re: Waypoints List for FritzBot ET
Old
  (#7)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Waypoints List for FritzBot ET - 13-03-2020

Given the current events worldwide I have returned to work on a few more waypoints. WET isn't as stable any longer on my test computers (I think mostly due to Windows updates and aging hardware). but smaller maps won't be too bad for tests.

So I have waypoints for pha_chateau in testing. I have added a constructible door to delay the Allies getting to the main doors at game start. Currently I am testing them as destructible by satchel but might change that to dynamite. I have also restored the Mapper's secret bookcase door to operate one way only. That should limit the Human exploit of camping by the cellar transmitter and using the nearby health and ammo. I am also experimenting with a low accuracy mg nest above the command post to see if I can make the other stairs needed.
Navigation tests in the narrow courtyard (the one with the ladders) were pretty good, but I have added fake brushes to the sides so bots and humans can't the climb the sides of the ladders . They can still get caught at the top but not as badly. The brushes mean you can't jump and catch the sides, but you can jump and catch the face of the ladder..

I also have navigation tests ongoing on Lofty's goldeneye_facility1, and goldeneye_bunker1. I have no plans to script in new entities for them but I might consider getting bots to operate the helicopter motor starting button. All comments welcome (but please put them in the main fritzbot forum, not in this thread).