View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#19)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 21-04-2008

Just join as Axis engineer at the start, go hellbent for the sewers. exit right, hug the far wall round the corner and then into the building, shoot the door, then behind the building to blow the wall, back inside till wall blown, then through the hole up the stairs and set dyno on the radio. I have only been shot at once from a distance, in fact the only time I came close to dying was when I caught a fair bit of the exploding map street shell. Alas It is a feature of the map that makes a fast Axis win easy as compared to a fast Allied win. Don't know who owned the CP (my et_console.log was already reset)

What you can do is class limit the CP flag to exclude say soldiers (but path it so they touch it anyway if passing). Then make either the mobilemg or panzer camps only appear in a varierty of places protecting the wall AND the radio (tricky that part) and roam them up the stairs too. Of course this means class limits on just about all allied general camp / roam actions elsewhere in the map. I often use soldiers defensively when other classes can't be spared (as in this case). Note that weapon specific camps have somewhat higher priority than general ones, and defends are just general camps with longer times. But if the spawnflag action in the cp is not class limited then that is what the soldiers will see as highest priority.

Oh BTW the garden gate team door needs a team specific node and connections so the allies don't have to run through the building to get to the breach. See nodes 142 145.