View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#3)
enigma1

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 12-04-2008

Thanks for the review Tom. To tell you the truth the waypointing is fun as much as the work is as I have my own business.

Ok now for your points

A) once a primary goal is reached on this map the map ends, so it shouldn't matter. Unless I missed something. Initially when I made the 2 actions (0, 1) to be active forever the bots wouldn't build the CP easily. So I activate the primary actions for a team if the CP is built. Otherwise I disable them. Consequently I should disable the primary constructs for the team without a CP.

B) Now I was wondering how this comes. The bots would always crouch. So you are saying for each "Camp" action if I want the bot to stand its entity should not state 1023 but 1? Is there an article about maybe I missed it.

1) Yes it can I left it there for the time being but if you want to close it a minor change in the main script should do that, basically commenting out where the trigger for gate close is in.

2) I looked around there for an entity as I could put a barrier_remove but there is nothing. I was also thinking about the teleport idea, but how? The references I saw in wiki were for test spawns. I also checked the flags for fakebrushes but there isn't one wit pass-through. (Basically a brush that could override the default ones of the map from the script).

3) For the CP Spawns I noticed in some cases I could not select spawns. So if a team builds the CP and you try to switch to the original spawn does it work?

Couple of other questions/comments I have.

1. For mines I read across other forums that the g_maxTeamLandmines var could be used to adjust the number of mines a team can place. This should work for ETPro servers but not ETMain. As far I understand Fritzbot is based on ETPro but I could not set that variable. It always defaults to 10.

2. On the original maps at least battery, goldrush I run into cases where after the west banker is captured by the allies (battery) or the tank is stolen (goldrush) the allied bots will stop except their engineers and covert ops?. Then they may resume after a dynamite action is successful or something like that.

3. Battery. Ok now try this. Join the allied team as an engineer, let them capture the west banker, blow up the back door then on the gun controls when an allied bot places a dynamite go on and defuse it. Seems if you defuse it a couple of times the allied bots would not attempt to place another dynamite as the defuse action came from their own team? They will however try to camp around the gun controls. The axis engineers would also go in the gun controls camping right at the dynamite spot doing nothing. I also tried it on the oasis and saw the same results. On the mlb_temple waypoint which I was messing around, the engineer will defuse again and again no problem. Until the point when I disarmed it few seconds before it exploded. Then the engineers was like they had no goal. They were stuck. It was different and I do not understand what is going on.

4. I tried the fakebrushes again on the mlb_temple. I tried yesterday a fakebrush in the well coordinates were
5861 9171 485
you can verify its location if you want just in case I did something wrong. In the main script I did as you have in the transmitter. In the game manager of the main map script I did,
// Build some steps to help the bots jump up to their positions at the E side of the castle roof
create
{
scriptName "step1"
classname "func_fakebrush"
origin "5861 9171 485"
contents 65536
mins "-100 -88 -24"
maxs "100 88 24"
}

Then I used the /mal_showfakebrush 1 and I do not see anything. I enabled the node editor did vid_restart I do not see it. I got the origin doing /viewpos in the well. Do you know what is going on? Is it possible that I cannot do that on that particular map?

5. For the railgun I saw the various posts earlier is it possible to use the main script and convert the code for the train to be a truck? (without the need to change the original map with gtk)

CK-Chaos