View Single Post
Uniform Bots-United and its bots
Old
  (#1)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Uniform Bots-United and its bots - 04-07-2008

Hi,

Perhaps i am not making friends with this, but i think it should be brought up anyway:

I have noticed most bots ( yes, i did it as well) are old; and are not bing updated; OR they are moved to different websites (ie, epodbot has www.epodbot.com ).

Although i am not against any other websites or hosting; or anything like that, it does make it confusing for anyone coming to Bots-United for bots. First they will discover bots who are out-dated, then bots who are on different websites as well.

I want to suggest the following:
- go over all bots and decide wether they are still active or not, if not, put them in a non-active partition (also noticable at the forums)

When thats done, our visitors will be able to distinguish the old and the new.

Besides that i want to promote a bit more uniformity; in some sort of BU banner, or design, or whatever, so people who come to realbot.bots-united.com, know it is also from bots-united (hosted by).

The RealBot site uses a tiny banner indicating it is hosted at bots-united, and it mentions it in the title. Others might have other ways to show they are hosted; but a uniform way would be desirable?

I am not here to get everybody forced to change their website, or throwing old bots out or whatever. But i do encourage that we think about this.

Somehow I think we can get much more traffic here if we take our active partners more serious. More traffic = more life = more community = more fun.

What about HL2 bots? Or Unreal bots? Or ... .. .. you get my drift ;-)

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me