View Single Post
Webserver SUMMER TIME was: Web-Server Spring-Break
Old
  (#1)
Onno Kreuzinger
aka: memed / Server Admin

Wink Webserver SUMMER TIME was: Web-Server Spring-Break - 29-05-2007

Hi,

as you may have noticed, there is something on the move with the physical server hosting. Atm the server is somewhat sluggish I must admit, but we makde a big backup session and had to disable DMA for safety reasons.

Okay most might guess, we did not do this for fun, but the new disks are already placed in the server (yes, there where something like 20 reboots in 48 hours), and ATM the sync to disk two is running.

LOAD is at 6+ and we put all resources into the syncing process, so the webserver (mysql in particular) server stays sluggish.

But the forecast is sunny and bright, the RAM had already been upgraded recently for server-one, server-two is already running two gameservers and will get a ram upgrade soon, so it can serve more.

The server move last autumn enabled us to add more services and have a unified interface. Although I must admit the password issues where more troublesome than expected

Besides the BU forum and websites we also provide IRC, Email, SPAM filtering and Mailinglists, as well as preinstallable webaplications (no one of BU uses them ATM, but if anyone wants a blog or osCommerce shop at BU :-)).

In beta stage are: the gameservers (managed by THE STORM) and development environments which enable developers to make the most out of it -> full root access with comfortable debian 4.0 software management (THE STOM is betatesting one).

Besides the BU concentric stuff we provide webhosting to 8 more web sites (family and friends) and DNS hosting for 30 domains overall, split to 24 master and slave and 6 slave only hostings (most are aliases for the hosted sites). Apart from server-one.de and server-two.de there are more 3 DNS slave servers, not involved with other services than DNS (server-three,...).

So much news after such a long time, sorry for that. I will try to keep you more updated this summer.

Cheers Onno

sunny morning view from my balcony:

see our WIKI!
see our filebase!