View Single Post
Re: darji2 waypoints
Old
  (#18)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 28-04-2008

No I was using the default middle of the road settings. At a guess Mal gives the bots a percentage of the botsight based upon their XP. Then high values means that the bots start at rather high fight abilities and are also more likely to engage you. I generally don't mind fighting bots using hide and sidestep, ambush and using edges but many people who like open fighting just hate bots because of how they fight. You can see lots of complaints in SD and ETQW forums. I prefer the bots to have some failings (e.g. distance) to give a semblance of the human quality of fighting close opponents first and far opponents last.

The only down side I find with reasonable botsight values is that Panzers won't fire at far away mgnests (e.g fueldump's botsight of 2500 would have to go up 50%+ to damage the axis mgtower from the first spot a human might use) . But since std. mgnests are not repaired by bots I suppose it balances out. And I don't like a bot using a panzer with the accuracy of a sniper.

Temple is an exception because of how the map starts with such a huge divide. But it does make it tough on the Allies when they get to the other side.