View Single Post
POD-Bot mm build for x86-64 chokes on GetGunPosition (probably)
Old
  (#1)
Lazarus Long

Default POD-Bot mm build for x86-64 chokes on GetGunPosition (probably) - 16-02-2005

Hello, everybody:

I think that this should be asked here, if not I appologize.

I'm trying to run POD-Bot mm on a 64bit Linux server (Athlon64).

I managed to compile it although I had to tweak a bit the Makefile. I had to use GCC 3.3.5 since no Pure64 Linux distribution, that I know of, carries GCC 2.95.3 and I got it compiled without any error, by using the following (I tried using "-O2" but it made the plugin segfault when loaded and anyway the recommended for x86-64 is "-O3"):
Code:
CPPFLAGS = -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -Dstrcmpi=strcasecmp -fPIC -O3 -DNDEBUG -march=x86-64 \
        -w -I"../metamod" -I"../../devtools/hlsdk-2.3/multiplayer/common" \
        -I"../../devtools/hlsdk-2.3/multiplayer/dlls" \
        -I"../../devtools/hlsdk-2.3/multiplayer/engine" \
        -I"../../devtools/hlsdk-2.3/multiplayer/pm_shared"
I used "-fPIC" because previously the linker bailed out with:
Code:
relocation R_X86_64_32S can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
It compiled OK but Metamod produces the following error (I think it's related to GetGunPosition but, although I can more or less follow the flow of code, I'm no coder):
Code:
L 02/16/2005 - 01:28:05: [META] ERROR: dll: Failed query plugin '<podbot_mm_amd64.so>';
  Couldn't open file '/usr/local/games/hlds/cstrike/addons/podbot/dlls/podbot_mm_amd64.so':
  /usr/local/games/hlds/cstrike/addons/podbot/dlls/podbot_mm_amd64.so: undefined symbol:
  _Z14GetGunPositionP7edict_s
L 02/16/2005 - 01:28:05: [META] ERROR: dll: Skipping plugin '<podbot_mm_amd64.so>';
  couldn't query
I compiled it with both the SDK that comes with POD-Bot mm and the one from Metamod, with the same result, so can anyone hint me to what should I look for?

Thank you very much, regards,