View Single Post
Re: Bot running speed
Old
  (#11)
Neoptolemus

Default Re: Bot running speed - 03-08-2015

Have a good trip, wherever you're going. I'll keep posting progress. I have implemented bot vision using proper viewing frustums and using cylinders for player visibility tests and the results are pretty much perfect, but I need to look at occlusion as well. This bit is harder!

I've also implemented basic objectives, so the hostage starting points and the rescue point/zone are read from the BSP file and stored so the bots know where they have to go, but I delibrately avoid tracking hostages so that, as with humans, the bots have to search for them if they're no longer at their usual spot.

I'll try and release an initial version when it's at a point where they're fun to play with and against. It won't be near the level of ePODBot of course, but should be interesting to see how good I can get their navigation and movement without waypoints

I've also been scribbling down ideas for tactics such as weighting nodes if they're visible to a sniper to force the bot to take a different route and hug walls etc, and automatic identification of good sniping and camping spots. Can't wait to start implementing that!