View Single Post
Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack
Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 30-05-2005

I agree with you 100%, CoCoNUT. I remember when the contest started I posted a list of my favourite maps here - this list didn't have much in common with the Top 10 that's been released.

Btw, the installer was a shame, too. I wanted to install into a dummy directory to get that mappack into my archive - it wouldn't work. It copied all files, took some time to reach the 100% mark on the progress bar, reported a successful installation, and when I opened the folder I installed it into, I found it was empty. >
The installation only worked when I really used the steam directory. However, since Steam takes too long to load and requires an Internet connection (which is not needed for waypointing), I had to sort out the files manually and copy them into the corresponding subfolders of my steamless CS installation, which runs a lot faster and is better for waypointing. Sheesh... as if I cared for a stupid splash screen. Gimme a RAR or a ZIP, for crying out loud, no stupid installers. >

@ SF: I have already waypointed your map anyway, so why not include it in the pack? No problem at all.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.